- Collect every Secret Mask
How to Complete & Dialogue
Gameplay will begin with Penelope. Once Penelope reaches an old mansion at the edge of town, she'll need to use her RC Car to run over a button inside the mansion's ventilation system. The mansion foyer will be accessible once this happens. As soon as Penelope enters the foyer, a cutscene will begin.
- Penelope: (Penelope enters the mansion. Upon getting into the foyer, she looks around, checking if anyone is there.) Hmm. It looks like this place is empty.
- Otto: Careful, lady. Anyone could be hiding here. (Penelope hears someone walking. She look up and sees a young, blonde-haired fox woman with a whip in her hands.) Oh no. Not her again.
- Joan: I heard that, Otto.
- Otto: AAAAAAAAAHHH!!! She heard me! How did she hear me?!
- Joan: How is Monsieur Raccoon able to hear us, Mademoiselle Mouse? And come to think of it, how am I able to hear him?
- Penelope: My name's Penelope, first off. Second, who are you? And third, why is Otto so scared of you? Well, other than him being...well...him. And be careful with that whip. You could poke someone's eye out with that thing.
- Joan: That's the general idea if you aren't careful enough. Or if you're here to hunt me down for that fish.
- Penelope: Fish? As in Gustav Gale? We beat him awhile ago.
- Joan: We? (The rest of the Cooper Gang eventually appear, having followed Penelope to the mansion.) Well, that explains a lot. If you beat that tyrannical fish, that congratulations, you've earned my trust. But you haven't won my respect yet.
- Sly: Carmelita, I hate to admit this, but i think she might be another ancestor of yours.
- Carmelita: I think so. She's Joan de Fox. She lived in France and was rumored to work for the French government, something I think is true, but I never got to prove it. The only thing any of us know about her was that she fought in World War 1 as a fighter pilot.
- Joan: World War 1? We call it the Great War around here. Wait. Raccoon, did you just call me her ancestor?
- Sly: Well, yeah. Other than the hair color and lighter fur, you two look very alike.
- Joan: He's right about that. We do look alike. (Joan observes Carmelita for a little bit to see if there is anything suspicious about her.) Oh mon Dieu! I can see the family mole! You really are my descendant! Are you time-travelers?!
- Sly: Yes we are, actually.
- Joan: I can tell now. That chair that turtle is sitting in doesn't look like anything from this era. (Joan heads downstairs and sits on a couch.) I suppose you want to know what happened to me, huh? Well, here it is. I was forced to leave Otto behind when he was captured due to how many falcons were in the area. One of them attacked me after I landed my plane and locked me up in this mansion's basement. But I got out eventually. By the time I freed myself, the threat was gone. Hmm... I have an idea. Seeing as you're time-travelers, how about I challenge you all to something?
- Penelope: Alright then. What's the challenge?
- Joan: Have you met any of my ancestors?
- Murray: Oh yeah. Was that the challenge?
- Joan: No, it wasn't, gros homme. The challenge has to do with this. I've seen these weird tokens lately. And now that I think about it, I find it disturbing that they have your faces on them. If you can find them all, I'll give you one of my own. And you'll also gain my respect, as well. Do you accept my--
- Bentley: Challenge accepted!!
- Joan: Aren't you enthusiastic? Okay then, meet me back here once you have collected everything. Understand?
- Otto: Don't do it! Just get out of there and head to the hideout!
- Penelope: We're accepting her challenge, Otto.
- Otto: I think I need to lie down in a fetal position now...
- Joan: Oh, I get it. You have something in your ear that let's you talk to him! Clever. I always admired Otto for his intelligence.
- Bentley: Actually, I made that.
- Joan: Oh. Look, can you get going? I'm getting impatient.
- Sly: Sure thing. (Sly turns around and the Cooper Gang leave the mansion.) She's pretty scary. No wonder Otto fears her so much.
- Penelope: No kidding. Anyway, we should start looking for those things with our faces on them. But first, let's head back to the hideout. We'll come up with a plan for this challenge there. (The Cooper Gang head back to the hideout.)
Once the Cooper Gang has all of the Secret Masks, a cutscene will start once Penelope reaches the foyer of the old mansion.
- Joan: (Joan is sleeping on the couch. She wakes up when Penelope taps her on the shoulder.) Woah!! (Joan looks at Penelope.) Oh. It's you. You took your time.
- Penelope: (Penelope breathes heavily, trying to keep herself calm.) We have everything you asked for. (Penelope uses her RC helicopter to carry a large sack full of Secret Masks. Joan looks surprised, and begins to smell the Secret Masks to check their authenticity. She picks up a Secret Sly Mask and smells the ocean and Coconut Rum.)
- Joan: Coconut Rum? But they stopped making that at the end of the 17th century. Hmm... It's been a long time since I've been to the Caribbean. I think it's safe to say that you found them all. You have definitely earned my respect. Why don't you have this? (Joan gives Penelope a Secret Penelope Mask.) You can now have the whole set.
- Penelope: Thank you.
- Joan: Oh, and one more thing. Tell Otto I said "bonjour". As for me, I need to get my supplies. You head back to your hideout, okay? (Penelope walks out of the mansion, ignoring Joan.) What? Was I being rude or something? Hmm... Hmph. Oh well. (Joan walks into a room to get her supplies.)